The meter tag like the progress tag is used to show value of of a maximum value.
But unlike the progress tag the meter tag should be used for static values and not dynamic values, for dynamic values we better used the progress tag.
The meter tag has the following attributes:
- value – the represented value.
- min – the minimum value, this will be used to calculate the range. default to 0.
- max – the maximum value, this will be used to calculate the range. default to 1.
- optimum – reflect the optimum value.
- low – low boundary, any value lower from this is considered low.
- high – high boundary. any value higher than this is considered high.
value, low, high should be between max and min, and optimum should be between low and high.
Here is an example of the html code of meter (the color are created by default):
<meter max=100 value=50></meter>
<meter max=100 low=40 value=30></meter>